The following is a list of specific duties which are essential functions of the Tree Care Crew Leader position at Reef Tropical Landscape. This is consistent with our need to be flexible and responsive to the needs of our customers. The employee who occupies this position is expected to assume any/all duties assigned by management irrespective of whether such duties are specifically included in this list. While an effort has been made to thoroughly describe the customary way this job is performed, reasonable accommodation will be made for qualified individuals with disabilities who may not be able to perform the job in the manner indicated.
• Climb trees for pruning and removal while maintaining the ANSI Z133.1 safety standards.
• Prune trees according to ANSI A300 pruning standard.
• Work with team to clean up resulting debris (i.e. brush, branches, logs, etc.)
• Monitor hours and job cost, making required adjustments as necessary to achieve continuous improvement of production efficiencies.
• Provide training to all crew members on job specific best practices and standard operating procedures; while working towards continuous improvement of safety awareness and incident avoidance.
• Assure that all jobs are completed with the highest safety standards and quality standards in accordance with ANSI A300 (quality) and Z133 (safety).
• Working with the Account Managers towards continuous improvement of work efficiencies and safety compliance.
• Participate in the development of standard operation procedures for the department.
• Provide suggestions and assist in implementing solutions in conjunction with the work being performed on site, with a goal of continuous improvement of company, industry and ANSI standards.
• Participate in the development and continuous improvement of our Company safety program.
• Provide exceptional customer service when interacting with clients and promptly resolve service issues in order to ensure constant customer satisfaction and to eliminate the need for repeat visits to a client to resolve service issues.
• Assure that paperwork is completed accurately and submitted with appropriate signatures in a timely manner; including daily logs, DOT vehicle books, billing documentation, completed work orders, etc..
• Work closely with the fleet manager to assure that the proper maintenance, repair, and upkeep of all divisional vehicles and equipment.
• Work with the sales and production teams acting as direct liaison, between sales, production, and office support staff.
REQUISITE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• The ability to dismantle trees in a controlled manner while working with a team.
• The ability to climb an arborist rope dynamically as well as static.
• The ability to climb rope or tree up to 65’ with equipment and PPE.
• The knowledge of advanced rigging techniques and equipment.
• The ability to lift up to 50 lbs independently or 125 lbs team lift.
• The ability to effectively coordinate and complete numerous activities simultaneously, even under changing weather conditions with limited resources.
• The ability to use independent judgment to develop creative solutions to problems that arise.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to communicate with our clients both internally and externally.
• Knowledge of D.O.T. policies and regulations and ability to comply with these regulations.
• Prior crew leader experience and/or 2 years or more of climbing experience in regular day to day operations.
• A clear understanding of ANSI A300 pruning standards as well as ANSI Z133 safety standards and the ability to utilize these standards to ensure safe work practices.
• Tree pruning and climbing field experience including the ability to operate all equipment and tools utilized within the climbing industry.
• A driven work ethic and a passion for continuous education within the tree care industry
• Certified Arborist – (preferred but not required)
• CDL Driver License (preferred but not required) Class A with (air brake) endorsement.
Job Type: Full-time