Title: Vice President - Landscape Sales & Account Management
Description: As Vice President of Reef Tropical, we will empower and coach you on how to best hit your margin goals and manage people / customer expectations along the way; choosing the customer, overseeing estimating, overseeing invoicing, satisfying the customer, and educating others on quality landscape product and service offerings. We will reimburse you 100% for all educational and networking opportunities that logically fit into industry best practices. The Senior Vice President (your direct report) of landscape will play a more active role to support and help lead you to quality decision making and goal attainment daily. This may include:
- Nurturing and developing sales opportunities
- Coordination of purchasing landscape material
- Overseeing the quality and execution of the landscape & tree crews
- Ensuring that invoices are created, acute and sent to customer in a timely fashion (work with finance team here)
- Estimating for maintenance, installs and tree jobs
- Nurturing relationships with strategic partners and vendors
- Dealing with large issues or customer complaint management
- Consulting on staff management and structure
- Helping on operational constraints
You will also work with the president of Reef Tropical who will be actively involved as a support player and consultant. He will be tasked to do whatever it takes to help make the company and its people succeed. Yet, the final decisions on company dealings will be up to you and team on how to best to execute and deliver for margin attainment.
We hope to grow your team, train your managers & crew leaders, and support staff, and allocate administrative duties for your team’s success delivering to the client. You will speak monthly to Claude IV for goal setting, bonus administration and any sales generation opportunities. Likely a monthly meeting to discuss those topics. We will support you in all elements that take you away from your goals and performance metrics. When you win and hit your goals, everyone will win along the way.
In general, we want to refine a formula and process that puts you in a place where you are strong and confident - then fill in where we can help. This goes for the executive leaders our partners, and all key personnel & staff at Reef Tropical.
This is a family business, and you will have a legacy here – all opportunities to grow and change are fully negotiable by you and with your feedback. We base everything we do on Mission, Vision and Core Values. As a high-level leader, we expect you to continue to embody these virtues and help us train others as well. We believe that this is only the beginning of a career opportunity that can make a difference in many lives.
Your base compensation will be adjusted up modestly after 90 days of efficacy in the role through consistent performance and behavior.
Team Performance Bonus 2021
The profit performance bonus is designed to hit quarterly goals as a business unit and team. This will entail production and controlling direct costs. These goals will be talked about and set in the beginning of each quarter and are subject to change. This is designed to share in mutual success – if the company can hit the targets, the team wins, and the company wins. This is a pay for performance (PFP) compensation that works within my organizations culture. It will be used to motivate the team, attract more talent, retain existing team members, and increase performance. We want to equip and empower managers to keep score and get results. Terms of this bonus will be discussed during the interview process and more details once on the team.
Some highly valued and potentially required aspects of your experience:
- Problem Resolution Expert
- Bachelor’s Degree or greater
- Eight years or more in the landscape industry
- Certifications and formal training
- Experience with high-end clientele expectations
- Knowledge and experience with maintenance, fertilization and irrigation
- Organized and systematic towards the work and processes for operational excellence
- Excellent communicator, verbal and written
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain good relationships with the crew
- Great leadership qualities
- Excellent trouble shooting skills and able to make decisions
- Capable of understanding landscape plans
Lift, move, and otherwise maneuver physical objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Environment outside is hot, sticky, muggy, mosquito, bug, rain…etc.
Salary Range: $50,000 - $60,000 per year
Company Car, Phone & Laptop
Company Gas Card & Sun pass for Tolls
Negotiated Performance Bonus 2021 based on established profit goals
401k with match (match = dollar for dollar on first 3% and .50 for every dollar up to 5%)
Medical HMO, Dental, Vision and other benefits as part of the RT offering such as disability & life insurance
We will ask you to sign a non-compete in conjunction to this agreement