But what landscape company should you hire? Who are the best landscapers in South Florida, and how will they serve your property’s needs?
We know that investing in your landscape can positively impact property value.
- In a study by the National Association of Landscape Professionals, 84% said landscaping would affect their decision about whether or not to buy a certain home.
- Meanwhile, a National Home Improvement survey found landscaping to be a top five recommendation realtors make for improving home value—and homeowners can expect an average 215% return on their investment in landscaping.
The company you choose to care for your South Florida landscape can deliver that return on investment, or not. And, because we enjoy our outdoors year-round in South Florida, the beauty and health of our landscapes impacts our everyday life. That’s why this is a decision you should not take lightly.
So, let’s take a candid look at the seven best landscapers in South Florida, including Reef Tropical. We’ll compare services and expertise, and offer some insight on how these landscape companies stack up.
Waltz Lawn & Landscape
Waltz Lawn & Landscape is a Homestead, Fla.-based full-service landscaping business that has a good reputation in the area. Waltz is an owner-operator known for quality work, and he is very hands-on with clients. Waltz Lawn & Landscape does not offer a tree service or pool division, and the firm primarily services high-end residential clients.
- Provides maintenance, design and installation services
- Includes pathways and stonework as part of its portfolio
- A smaller operation known for quality
Gardenscapes & Services
This family-owned nursery and landscaping company is a Certified Florida Landscape Contractor. It has a 10-acre nursery in southern Miami-Dade County, and the company offers a full array of landscape services. Gardenscapes & Services designs and installs landscapes, along with maintaining them. What we like about Gardenscapes & Services is its attention to detail and fine design/installation projects. At Reef Tropical, we emphasize quality and expertise with certified staff, so we think the fact that Greenscapes holds certifications is important.
- Founded in 1994
- Offers landscape design, installation, construction, maintenance and nursery
- Services residential, commercial and HOA/condo association properties
BrightView is the result of a 2014 merger between The Brickman Group and ValleyCrest Landscape Companies. It is officially the largest landscape company in history. What attracts some property owners to BrightView is this national scope and corporate approach. However, BrightView typically does not service residential properties like Reef Tropical does (and we prefer that local, personal approach).
- A focus on maximizing strategic spend on the landscape investment
- It serves commercial customers including housing communities, corporate campuses, healthcare facilities, universities, retail establishments, resorts and more.
- It has a national reputation and local offices across the country serving thousands of commercial properties.
Turf Management offers commercial and residential landscaping, design and installation. It owns a 4-acre nursery in Miami, and the company focuses on high-end residential property owners, calling itself an “exterior decorator.” Aside from typical landscape services, it also offers painting and pressure washing. What Turf Management offers is that full-service approach like Reef Tropical. However, it does not offer swimming pool services like Reef Tropical, and this is a key feature on many Florida properties.
Turf Management Vitals:
- Founded in 1975
- Offers landscape maintenance, design/installation, irrigation repair and installation, tree trimming, pest control, patio/paver installation, painting and pressure washing.
- The company has been owned and operated by its founder for the last 40-plus years
Beach House Gardens
The founder of Beach House Gardens worked as co-owner of a Miami garden center before moving into the landscape construction and maintenance business. The company focuses on landscape design and educates customers about Florida landscaping with native plants. It has completed institutional projects, along servicing commercial and residential properties. Beach House Gardens does not offer swimming pool services.
Beach House Gardens Vitals:
- 20 years of experience in landscape design, installation and maintenance
- Services commercial and residential properties
- Provides xeriscaping and native landscaping along with Keys tropical or succulent rock gardens
- Offers erosion control, pre-construction demolition and clearing services
Signature Trees & Palms
Signature Trees & Palms calls itself “the big tree people” because they specialize in moving and installing specimen trees and palms. The second generation business is trusted for its expertise in the big tree arena, and the firm has dealt with a number of high-end clients. Signature also provides landscaping services to clients across South Florida. Reef Tropical also provides high-tree services and we are more versatile because of our full menu of landscape services.
Signature Trees & Palms Vitals:
- Based in Miami, Florida
- Serves commercial and residential property owners
- Services mainly focused on large specimen trees and palm trees
- Also offers landscape installation maintenance
- Includes a growing operation
D’Asign Source has a Florida Keys Design Center, where it showcases capabilities including architecture, home construction and landscaping. Known for creating a island living aesthetic, the firm holds a landscape architect license and provides full maintenance, design and installation services. Today’s D’Asign Source is the merging together of the founding brothers’ businesses D’Ascanio Development, Sound Source and Ornamental Design Collections. However, D’Asign Source does not offer pool services like Reef Tropical, and we also serve commercial clients.
D’Asign Source Vitals:
- Services include maintenance, design and installation with a focus on high-end residences
- With its indoor/outdoor design offerings, the company can address outdoor electronics, furniture and space planning
- The family business was founded in the Florida Keys and has grown over the years, moving to its design center in 1999.
Comparing Florida Landscape Companies: The Reef Tropical Difference
When choosing a landscaper for your Florida property, you want a company that has a reputation for quality and has specialists on staff. And, you want a landscaper that understands the dynamics of your South Florida and Keys neighborhood. For example, Reef Tropical is the best landscaper in Upper Monroe County and Ocean Reef Club—testimonials from property owners and feedback about our work make the decision an easy one.
Our clients are concentrated in Monroe County, including Key Largo, Tavernier and Islamorada. As a second-generation landscape and swimming pool provider in South Florida, we have a track record for success. (We encourage you to ask landscapers for examples of their work so you can see if their quality and style meet your expectations.)
Our landscape professionals are industry certified, and we act as a true partner to increase the value and enjoyment of your South Florida property. We have inhouse design and tree work to complete the maintenance and installation services.
What also makes Reef Tropical different than the competitors here is our full menu of customized services. We not only offer full-service landscaping, our accredited team provides swimming pool and spa services—and this is critical for many Florida property owners because a pool can be the most valuable feature in the landscape. The synergies between the divisions are extremely helpful for operations and sound customer service. Founder Claude B. Kershner III is a known figure in the pool and landscaping industry.
Let’s Get To Know Each Other
Now that we’ve shared some information about the best landscapers in South Florida and what sets Reef Tropical apart, we’d like to get to know you better. Give us a call anytime at 305.367.2005. Or, fill out this simple contact form and we’ll get in touch with you.