You put hours and even days into creating the perfect design for your clients. The plant selection, materials, layout, sun/shade angles, views from indoors and your artistic design style all blend together to form what will hopefully be the customer’s dream landscape. Let’s face it: The design basically becomes your baby.
So it can be a bit stressful when it comes time to hand over your design to an installation crew, especially if you haven’t worked with them before.
When you work with a landscaping company to install the project, it can go one of two ways:
- The finished product looks just like — or better than — you imagined in your head.
- You see their work and wonder if they even glanced at the design you spent so much time creating.
To ensure your project is more of scenario No. 1, you need to find a landscaping company that has the right experience and qualities.
What To Look For With A Landscape Installation Company
Part of your job as a landscape architect is to help your client find a landscaper to install their project and bring it to life. So when it comes time to recommend a company to them, make sure you find someone with these characteristics:
- They understand the concept of the design. If you want to leave your mark or artistic touch on a project, you better find a landscape contractor who can read and understand your concept. If not, your ideas will get lost in translation and not end up in the final product.
- They are efficient and stick to deadlines. Once you’ve finished the design, you hand the project over to the landscaper’s installation team. To ensure your client is happy with the entire process, you need to work with a landscape contractor who runs a tight ship and will finish the work on time.
- They are reasonably priced. You don’t want to choose a landscaper solely based on a low-ball bid. Instead, look for one that proposes a reasonable price that works with the client’s expectations and budget.
- They know their stuff. They understand and have experience with hardscape, irrigation, maintenance, tree work and pest issues. They should be able to not only meet the client’s immediate needs but also provide long-term care of your design.
- They have design experience. A company that has its own in-house design team is going to be much more accustomed to all of the ins and outs of working with a landscape architect — making your job easier.
It can take time to learn which local landscaping companies provide high-quality installation work in a timely manner. So take time to thoroughly review bids and ask for recommendations. It will be time well spent.
6 Things That Make Reef Tropical Different
You need a installation company that speaks your language — and our team at Reef Tropical is fluent in design. Here are just six of the reasons landscape architects should feel comfortable working with us:
- In-House Design Team: Beyond constructing and installing a variety of high-end projects, we also have an in-house design team. We not only know how to decipher complicated designs, but we also understand the thought process behind what you’ve created so we can stay true to your original plan — and that’s a quality that’s hard to find. So, you can rest easy knowing you’re handing your design over to someone who can successfully take your design to the next stage.
- Professional Experience: We have managers with graduate degrees, certified installers and office staff to answer phones and respond quickly. All of those things make us easy to work and communicate with. We can be a good partner and resource for you.
- Focus On Quality: We focus on creating high-end, high-quality work the client will enjoy for years. So if you decide to work with us, you know your client will get a detailed project that’s really a piece of art. That’s one of the reasons our customers trust us with their high-priced outdoor features.
- Efficient Process: With Reef Tropical, you’ll know we are on the same team and working toward a common goal: Creating a stunning outdoor space for the client in a timely manner. Because of our experience, we know what each project needs and how long it will take, reducing the possibility of surprises or delays.
- Provide Peace of Mind: You won’t have to worry about the quality of our work, equipment, responsiveness or anything with our business practices if you send us your plan. We have integrity, own specialized equipment, send professional proposals in a timely manner, have general liability insurance and workers’ compensation ($5 million umbrella policy), maintain what we install, hand select our plant material and work with you and the client through the entire process.
- Integrity Driven: This might seem like a no-brainer, but as I’m sure you know, not everyone follows the law with their installation company and employees. All of our employees are legal workers and have passed background checks.
We are the installation company that truly gets what landscape architects and their clients need. Plus, we will maintain the work we install, instead of just leaving once the work is finished. We have a long term interest in the outlook of your design.
But don’t just take our word for it that landscape architects enjoy working with us. We invite you to talk with professionals and customers who have hired us to handle their projects. Our entire team at Reef Tropical strives to exceed expectations, and that’s what you’ll find when you talk to our references throughout South Florida.
Ready to develop a partnership with a landscape contractor who truly understands your design, vision and artistic style — and will give you quality feedback and high-quality work?
Call us at 305-367-2005, or contact us online to send us your plans today.